Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Day After Labor Day

It's the first day of my psychological year.

The day after Labor Day always brings a feeling of excitement and expectation. The origins surely go back to grammar school. Putting on that newly purchased school uniform and holding the pencil case full of fresh supplies sent thrills through my little Catholic schoolgirl body.


vintage plaid uniform : SCHOOLGiRL eggplant maroon at shopREINVINTAGE on Etsy


Was it like that for you? Did you play "school" with your friend for weeks ahead of time? I liked to play the teacher and give directions, often assigning math homework before the art projects could be started. Such a little tyrant.

Purple Bicycle Echino pencil bag by NeedfulWishes on Etsy


Such aliveness is in the world today. Don't you feel it? It's the day of fresh starts and new possibilities. More the beginning of the year than New Year's Day. Do you agree? What is appealing to you about the day after Labor Day?

2 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

Hi Sharon,
I just wanted to let you know the wrap arived today! And that I love it, the colors are much more beautiful in person! I will enjoy wearing it a lot......thank you so much for the generous giveaway!!!

Sharon said...

Excellent! I am so glad you like it!