Saturday, November 7, 2009

So Pretty, So Pink

For the last few years I've been attracted like crazy to Autumn colors: deep golds and oranges, magnificent greens and rich reds. Earlier this year I got a bug to work with some blues--that didn't last too long because all of the blue fibers I want for myself and I'm too busy making things for the store. Now, it the pinks that are calling.

I think it was because October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month and there were pink things everywhere, that the pink yarns just started saying "Pick me!"

First I found some lush lovely roving from Woolgatherings in yummy berry colors. I spun it into some bulky 2-ply. I'm going to pair some of it with a sweet eyelash yarn to make a OOAK scarf.





Then I found a lovely mohair sweater in a second hand store. It fit really weird, but the fiber begged to be incorporated into a cowl. I want to pair the fine mohair yarn with a worsted weight or bulky weight yarn for a contrast in textures, but I'm not sure yet if what I see n my head can really be done.




I want the lace to be like a collar on the cowl, but it has no body, so I may be dreaming.




Yesterday I finished this pretty pink neckwarmer that I can finish in two different ways. I think I'll show it on Etsy done like this:




and I'll show another photo with it finished like this:



Which way would you prefer to wear it?

3 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Lovely colors! I look forward to seeing your finished projects.

Cindy said...

lovin' that pink neckwarmer... and the buttons are to die for!

Wool Free and Lovin' Knit said...

I'd definitely wear it with the buttons on a slant -- looks more elegant to me.